Those images on your website: are they the right mix?
Have you ever thought about the images you use on your website?
Are they the right mix for you and your brand?
Here are a few things to consider…
- Is your profile pic a selfie?
That might be ok for your personal social media, but for business pages, it’s often considered a big no-no and on LinkedIn, a dedicated business social network, it’s definitely frowned on.
- After your Home page, your ‘About’ or ‘Bio’ on a website is usually the most visited page.
Why? Because people want to put a face to your business. They want to trust who they’re working with. A professionally taken portrait or headshot will help to build that trust.
- Your face is part of your brand.
Like it or not, there’s no escaping the fact that you are your business. All of it. You’re not Google (yet) so can you afford to hide behind an anonymous logo? Brand recognition takes years, but very few people forget a face.
- If you met your clients in real life, would they recognise you?
As I said before, trust is key here and if you don’t look like your profile pic, it can be awkward. You may well love that photo of you looking dreamy from 10/20 years ago, but that’s not who you are any more. A portrait session with a photographer will allow your personality to come through.
- The average headshot only lasts 2 years
It’s not an easy thing to accept, but as we age, our faces change, probably quicker than we’d like too! So if you’ve already got a headshot or portrait, is it time for a new one?
- Are you happy with the quality of the images on your website?
Think about a time when you had people round to your house. (Bear with me here…) Maybe new friends or someone you secretly want to impress. Did you tidy up first? I’m guessing you did. Or at least shoved stuff into a cupboard or the spare room so they didn’t see it? But how can you be sure they didn’t have a sneaky peek into that box room on the way back from the loo? Would there be stuff in there you wouldn’t want them to see? Too late! They’ve seen it now!
The same applies to your website. You allow people in, encourage them to visit so there’s no stopping them having a wander round and they’ll pick up on any inconsistencies straight away – including differences in image quality and resolution. Consistent imagery from a skilled photographer will make your website more attractive and build trust in your business.
How can I help?
As a photographer, I can help you solve all of these problems and as a fellow Savvy, I want to help your businesses too so I’ve come up with an EXCLUSIVE package to help you:
The Micro-Biz Mix!
- A free 1-hour consultation (Skype or in person, we’re all busy people…) to talk about what you need and how I can help you.
- A professional portrait/photography session in a style that suits you and your business so you’ve got a profile pic that shows you and your business in the best light.
- Up to 10 web-ready images for you to use on your website or social media channels, within 10 working days of your session
Sign up before the end of Sept 208 to get the MICRO-BIZ MIX for £120.
How do I sign up?
Get in touch to arrange your initial consultation (not as scary as it sounds, honestly) via private message on here or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Simon Lowe Photography | Making Light Work For You
Offer ends: 30 Sept 2018